Aller au contenu


The first thing to do when you set up your main residence and therefore your tax residence in Portugal is to register with the Portuguese social security system. If you are employed by a local company, you do not need to worry about this, your employer will take care of registering you with the social security. However, for your children and your spouse, you will have to do it yourself.

Social security in Portugal, how to get it

Health Center

The health center (centro de saúde) provides access to the national health service.

Subscribe to read the rest of this article

To read the rest of this article, you need to subscribe. Click hereto access the subscription page.

Customer service

One of our tax specialists will answer you as soon as possible

Hello and welcome to VAP Consulting. To quickly get in touch with one of our tax specialists, click on the button below and contact us via WhatsApp. We are here to answer your questions and help you in your professional or expatriation project.